Contact Elder Watson

Jacob will be unable to read this blog during his mission. If you wish to contact him, please use the information below.
He may not be able to respond directly to each letter or e-mail, so check back weekly to learn of his progress!

jwatson@myldsmail.net

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "ALPAS", Shkalla NR. 5,
Apartamenti NR. 14
Tirana 10000, Albania

Monday, April 6, 2015

6 April 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for the emails that you send to me each week! I really appreciate them and look forward to them each P-day. It sounds like you had a pretty good Easter. I'm glad to hear that! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Mill City Museum. Rachel, yeah, you can wear my Icelandic shirt ONCE this week. That's awesome that you finished Doctrine and Covenants! Yeah, I'm looking forward to listening to General Conference. I wish we could give you some of the rain we've been having. This weekend, it has been raining a ton! It actually hailed last night too. The hail fell like snow! There was so much, I couldn't believe it. Luckily Elder Roemer and I had a lesson, so we were inside at that time.

This week was transfers. I think I told you last week, but Elder Simons came here to Durrës. So because Elder Roemer and I have the car, I went on a split with Elder Richards to get Elder Simons from Tirana. The mission office moved locations during last transfer, so it was fun trying to find it. We eventually found it and it's really nice. It's not its own building anymore, so that was a little interesting. This was the first transfer with the new mission office, so it was fun and interesting to see how it worked out. It was crazy, so many missionaries left! As you get older in the mission, transfers get weirder and weirder because you see a ton of missionaries that you know really well, and then a few days later it finally hits you that their gone. They're on a different continent! It's such a weird feeling. It's really weird because now Elder Clawson is dying this transfer. It's super weird to think about that! At the mission office, I also met Juxhin from Lushnjë. He came up to say goodbye to some missionaries so I got a chance to talk with him for a bit. It's really awesome to talk with him! It was really awesome to talk with other missionaries that came down from Prishtina! It was super awesome to talk with them and to hear about what is happening there. It was really weird because I didn't recognize a ton of the missionaries. There are so many new missionaries that I haven't met. The mission changes so often and so fast, it's hard to keep up with it. We have two awesome investigators that we've been working with a lot lately. Their names are Luli and Xheni. They're a mother and a daughter and they've been looking for the truth for many years and in many different churches. They loved the story of Joseph Smith so much because it relates so much to their lives. They love the Book of Mormon and the Church. It's amazing to see how prepared they are to receive the Gospel. They should be getting baptized in a couple weeks. They are so excited for their baptisms. It's really awesome to be able to work with them! It's awesome to be able to see the blessings of the Lord so abundantly!

So other than that it was a pretty normal week. Lots of talking to people in the streets and inviting them to learn about the Gospel. It was really cool because with the new video "Sepse Ai Jeton" we got new pass-along cards and we got some roll-up posters that we can use while contacting. So we've been using that a ton this last week! It's really awesome to see the video so often. Every time that I see it it helps me to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ better. I love that video so much! It's really awesome to be a missionary during some times of the year like Christmas and Easter especially. It is super awesome! I'm very grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve the Lord here in Albania. I know that Christ lives and He loves us. I know that He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane and upon the cross. I know that Christ is Resurrected. I know that He lives. And I know that Because He Lives, we will all live again too. 

Thank you for the love and the support that you give to me each week. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Ju dua shumë. Kalofshi bukur! Javë të mbarë. u nglifshi shnosh. Zoti ju bekoftë.

Me dashuri të madhe,

Elder Watson

Roll up poster of "Because He Lives!"
Hail in the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment