Contact Elder Watson

Jacob will be unable to read this blog during his mission. If you wish to contact him, please use the information below.
He may not be able to respond directly to each letter or e-mail, so check back weekly to learn of his progress!

jwatson@myldsmail.net

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "ALPAS", Shkalla NR. 5,
Apartamenti NR. 14
Tirana 10000, Albania

Friday, March 14, 2014

11 March 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

I am very happy to hear that everything is going great at home! Mom, Dad, and Rachel, thank you for sending the family stories, they were really cool! Now, I just have to figure out how to tell them in Albanian. I'm so excited that Debbie got baptized!! That is an amazing step for her and I know that it will continue to bring blessings into her life! Send her my congratulations. Also, send my love to the rest of the ward. I have been thinking a lot about them and how they have impacted my life. I have learned so much from them, and I have been thinking about them and praying for them quite a bit recently. Our district has made a goal to bear our testimonies three times a day to different people. Speaking Albanian to someone who only knows English is really easy. It's probably the most confident I've been in the language so far. There is still a lot to learn!! I'm kinda' freaking out because in three weeks I'll be in Albania. It is a very scary thought, but I just need to trust in the Lord.

I have learned a lot about trust this week. Last Tuesday night (4 Mar) we had a devotional with Elder Aidukaitis (spelling subject to change). He taught us a lot about promises to missionaries that are contained in the scriptures. He taught us that when we do everything that the Lord asks, He WILL bless us with that promise. Since his talk, I have felt more peace and comfort. I feel more comfortable speaking Albanian and I understand a lot more. I can understand most everything my investigators say if I focus my entire attention on them. Focusing your entire attention is difficult, because in Albanian, you can't just make up what you want to say, when you want to say it. You have to be thinking and planning out your sentences two or three sentences ahead. It's really tricky and I have not mastered that yet. But I know that the Lord will help me with this call, He will help me to learn Albanian if I put my trust in Him. 

At the MTC it's the same thing every day. I spend most of my time in the classroom studying, and when I'm not studying I'm teaching. The days blend together and most of it is class or study time. I've been trying really hard to study and to improve my study habits. I'm giving it my all and I'm doing what the Lord would want me to do. I'm doing my best and that's all I can do, but I feel that I need to be doing more.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and I know that through the Atonement, I can be forgiven of my sins. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God to be a prophet, and through Joseph Smith the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to the Earth. I love my Savior and I would do anything for Him. I know that He wants me here on this mission and I know that when I am feeling down I can turn to Him and He will pick up where I fall short. I love this Gospel, and I love all of you.

Thank you so much for your love and support, I couldn't do this without you.

Love,

Elder Watson

PS- Do you remember the movie Ephriam's Rescue? Do you remember the boy from Ireland that was very ungrateful? He's at the MTC! I saw him in the lunch room the other day and I couldn't believe it!



Elder Watson, Elder Outson, Elder Bangerter

Elder Outson is an addition to our companionship. He is an amazing missionary, and he has a very 
strong testimony of the Gospel. He loves to share his testimony with anyone and everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment