Contact Elder Watson

Jacob will be unable to read this blog during his mission. If you wish to contact him, please use the information below.
He may not be able to respond directly to each letter or e-mail, so check back weekly to learn of his progress!

jwatson@myldsmail.net

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "ALPAS", Shkalla NR. 5,
Apartamenti NR. 14
Tirana 10000, Albania

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

19 March 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

Si jeni sot? Jam shumë mirë! Si ishte këtë javë kaluar?

Thank you so much for the packages! Thank you so much for the Easter Candy too! We don't want to take a bunch of stuff with us to Albania, so we are always trying to eat as much as we possibly can. Thank you so much for the support you have been giving me! I really appreciate it. Rachel, I am really happy that you chose the trombone! It really is the best instrument in the world! Don't listen to what the trumpets have to say, they don't know anything. That's why they play trumpet. Haha. You will do great with the trombone! I haven't seen snow since about...February 15, so it's nice to hear about the weather back home. I hope that spring will come before summer this year!

This past week we lost the Hungarian missionaries! They are all in Hungary right now, and today we just got a new batch of Hungarians! As zone leaders, Elder Bangerter and I will be welcoming them later today and helping them get ready to adjust to missionary life. In Hungarian "Sister" or "Elder" comes after the name. So now we have Elder Watson (me) and Watson Elder! I'm really excited to meet the new Hungarians. I absolutely love going to the temple. P-days are very hectic, so going to the temple in the morning is a great way to start off those days.

It's so hard to believe that I've been here for seven weeks! I'll be in Albania in two more! That's so crazy! I can't speak fluently yet (which is to be expected) which is giving me the most anxiety. On the first day in Tirana, I'll have to speak to Albanians one on one. But I just need to focus on the things that I can do instead of the things that I lack.

This next week is going to be crazy! We are in "Consecration Week" from today until next Wednesday. In consecration week all the missionaries going to Albania are speaking ONLY Albanian. And our class has decided to go a little beyond that by making specific goals to show our devotion to the Lord. Everyone gives up two years, so we want to show the Lord that we are extra dedicated to serving Him. I hope that the Lord will see my efforts and bless me for them. I love the Lord and I love the opportunity to serve Him. I love the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true. I know that the Gifts of the Spirit are real! I know that there is no other way that I could learn Albanian this fast other than through the power of God. I'm not perfect in the language, but after just seven hectic weeks I can have a conversation and know what's going on (kinda). I have seen so many miracles in my life in the past few days! I would suggest that you pray and ask God to see a miracle tomorrow. If you ask He will bless you! I have done this and I have seen miracles. I know that you can experience these miracles too. Just ask God and trust that He will. I think that's the best attitude we can ever have. Ask and trust. I love this Gospel and I know that it is true.
 
I love you all and I appreciate your support so much! I can feel your love all the way out here.

Love,

Elder Uacën

PS- I realized that "Uacën" is more phonetic and easier to say than "Uatson".

No comments:

Post a Comment