Contact Elder Watson

Jacob will be unable to read this blog during his mission. If you wish to contact him, please use the information below.
He may not be able to respond directly to each letter or e-mail, so check back weekly to learn of his progress!

jwatson@myldsmail.net

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "ALPAS", Shkalla NR. 5,
Apartamenti NR. 14
Tirana 10000, Albania

Saturday, March 1, 2014

26 February 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for the letters you write me! I truly love hearing about how things are going for you. I have grown a lot in the past week! Mom, Dad, and Rachel, on one of the first letters you wrote me, you translated something to Albanian. I looked back at that sentence this past week and now I know that Google translate is horrible! I can guess what the sentence said, but the spellings and conjugations made absolutely zero sense.

This past week has been a confidence roller coaster! I have had my worst language experience yet! Elder Bangerter and I were teaching a lesson to Jonist, one of our investigators. Jonist loved going to church and reading the Book of Mormon and he wanted to be baptized! It was so great! But I could hardly talk. I took extremely long pauses and I couldn't remember ANY words! I felt really discouraged after that lesson. But I prayed and told God that I would be relying on Him heavily in my next lesson, and the next lesson went great! I was confident in the abilities that God gave me. Then at TRC we teach returned missionaries. Last week I didn't have a good experience at TRC but this week was great. We talked about prayer and I am extremely comfortable talking about prayer! In one of our TRC lessons, I asked a question in Albanian and I guess the structure of the question was perfect and it was an advanced conjugation. They freaked out because of that sentence! After that lesson they said that they were intimidated with my speaking ability only after 3 weeks. 

Uncle Jerry and Aunt Karen sent me a package last week full of food! I have tons of food and so does every Elder on the floor so we go around and trade treats quite a bit. That's awesome that you heard from the McCardells! Send them my love! 

I have been learning a lot about Albanian culture in class, but I don't have much more time on email. I'll try to talk more about it next week. 

Well, I'm out of time so I just want you to know that I love you all very much! I love this Gospel very much and I know that it is true! I'm sorry this letter is very short, but I'll write more next week. I love you and don't ever forget to pray!!

Love,

Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment